Are you aware that it can measure the stability of an asset and tells that it has moved up or down with time? Keep in mind that if any asset is volatile, it tends to be riskier. It means it can also lead to higher volatility returns or riskier losses than the less volatile asset.
You will find a high level of volatility, especially in extensive stocks. In contrast, bonds are less volatile and do not have dramatic upward and downward values.
Why is Volatility Imperative to Understand?
It is essential to understand volatility because it plays the most crucial factor in accessing investment risk. Keep in mind that investors are likely to take the risk if there are chances for high rewards, even if they lose some investment.
- The chances of high return can attract them towards investing in volatile assets too.
- In addition, many retail investors focus on expanding their investment in any investment to minimize risk. Many retailers adopt one strategy to invest in one basket of stocks rather than many. Sometimes, they use different pairs for investment in more volatile classes like bonds.
- In the last years, cryptocurrency has faced some rises and falls due to its volatile nature, so it has made an impression to be more volatile than stocks.
- Experts report that higher trading volumes on Bitcoin and increased institutional participation can minimize its volatility with time.
- Remember that cryptocurrencies with lower trading volumes, including Defi tokens, have higher volatility. You need to choose wisely and consider investing in an asset with less risk, and you can easily afford that.
- While some factors also play an essential role in increasing volatility, including positive or negative news coverage and earning reports.
- The news can sometimes be favorable or worse in some conditions. It is important to note that high points in trading volume can lead to volatility. At the same time, low volume can cause high volatility.
Is Bitcoin Volatile? If so, Why?
Bitcoin appeared to use on public platforms in 2009 and got more popularity in 2010. Since it gained popularity, its price got increased by thousands of dollars. In fact, in some cases, the price rose and fell to thousands of dollars in a day.
Factors Causing Cryptocurrency Volatility
Here are some primary reasons causing the volatile price history of cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin. You must understand these factors that impact its market price and can easily decide where to invest in. Plus, you can be aware of its development by being in touch with its actual market value. With this constant development, can Bitcoin be hacked?
It is certain that cryptocurrency is still an evolving market and getting fast popularity. Many investors are obtaining huge benefits while others are getting potential losses. It has gained media attention, and its demand is still less at a low level than traditional currencies.
In other words, if there are small groups of people that invest crypto coins in more significant amounts, it has also impacted trade. Even many investors can earn by only selling Bitcoins, and in some cases, it can strongly influence the whole market.
It is indeed that the cryptocurrency market depends on assumptions, and investors need to make bets that prices will go up or down. In this way, they can earn profits in the crypto market. However, these assumptions can lead to a sudden money invasion and cause high volatility.
Some cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ether are tangible digital assets and do not need back support from any physical commodity. It means it is possible to regulate the price fluctuation based on demand and supply law.
Cryptocurrencies function on the blockchain, and other substitute technologies are emerging. Another possible problem is scalability, and it is not authenticated with a timeframe developing sudden downward pressure.
Many part-time investors invest an amount and intend to make a quick return, but they do not always gain high returns. In this case, some investors lose patience. This frequent volatility can also lead to disturbance.