Hello, aspirant are you preparing for UGC NET or NTA UGC NET? This article is the one that you must read. Here, you will find all the important information that an aspirant must have before taking the entrance test. The information will equip you well for the upcoming exam.
You will find information related to the exam dates and the eligibility criteria for the exam. The article will cover more aspects as well. Therefore, make sure that you go through the article thoroughly to not miss out on any detail. Now, without any further ado let’s begin reading.
The Important Information About The Upcoming NTA UGC NET
Gather some important information related to the NTA UGC NET to understand the exam better.
- The UGC stands for National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC). NET is the short form for National Eligibility Test.
- It is an entrance test through which eligible candidates are picked for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship for Colleges/Universities level lectureship.
- Until the June of 2018, the Central Board of Secondary Education was conducting the NET. It included 84 subjects and was conducted in 91 cities across the country.
- Thereafter from December 2018 onwards, the National Testing Agency (NTA) is being conducted by the UGC-NET and it included 101 subjects.
- The National Testing Agency conducts NET on the behalf of UGC to decide the eligibility of the aspirants for the posts of Assistant Professor, Junior Research Fellow, or both.
- Candidates who qualify are eligible to apply for jobs in various Indian Universities and Colleges. This exam is one of the oldest eligibility tests in the country.
- Also, NET-qualified candidates are exempted from entrance tests for Ph.D. admissions. However, some universities are exceptions to this rule but they do give weightage to NET- JRF-qualified candidates in the admission process.
- On qualifying JRF, you will also be provided with a research fellowship while your Ph.D.
- The National Testing Agency conducts the UGC-NET twice every year. However, because of COVID-19, the December 2021 UGC-NET was delayed, and the schedule of the June 2022 UGC-NET was delayed.
- To now regularize the UGC-NET examination cycles, the National Testing Agency, with the agreement of UGC, has combined both UGC-NET of December 2021 and June 2022, so that they may be executed together in the Computer-based Tests (CBTs) mode.
Find out about the UGC NET economics syllabus to adequately prepare for the subject.
The Eligibility For Of The Upcoming NTA UGC NET
The points below will tell whether you are eligible for the upcoming NTA UGC NET 2022.
- Candidates with at least 55% without rounding off in Masters or equivalent examination.
- The OBC non-creamy layer/SC/ST/PWD candidates with at least 50% marks without rounding off in Masters or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or will appear in the final year examination of Masters and whose result is still awaited may also apply.
- Candidates have to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. Whose post-graduation subject is not in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Masters’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 irrespective of the date of declaration of result shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
- For JRF a candidate should not be more than 31 years. However, for Assistant professors, there is no upper age limit.
Also, find out what is the UGC NET law syllabus to know the scope of the question paper.