HDFC Freedom Credit Card Benefits in Hindi – HDFC Bank is a well-known private sector bank that constantly strives to develop innovative credit cards to enhance the user experience. One of them is the HDFC Freedom Credit Card which justifies your name by earning you rewards at quick speeds on Dining, Grocery, Railways etc. The interesting thing though is that you offer rewards on the spend you make during your birthday. The card comes with a gift voucher and a security cover for any unforeseen circumstances. You can read further to know all these and other things in detail.
What is HDFC Freedom Credit Card?
HDFC Freedom Credit Card is the best credit card for beginners. The card comes with various features like discounts, cashback, reward points and gift vouchers for dining, grocery, movies etc. The best part of HDFC Freedom Credit Card Reward Points is that they can be easily redeemed in cash.
Enjoy cashback on daily expenses only with Freedom Credit Card. HDFC Freedom Credit Card is a highly rewarding credit card. Reward points earned on purchases made using the HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card can be easily redeemed for an impressive range of gifts and Air Miles from the exclusive rewards catalogue.
HDFC Freedom Credit Card Benefits
HDFC Freedom Credit Card is one of the most suitable credit cards for first-time users. Available at an annual fee of Rs 500. The card offers bonus reward points on groceries, dining, movies, and more. These points can be converted into cashback.
Pursue your ‘freedom’ to spend more, and save more. Going to a movie, or to the supermarket? Keep your HDFC Freedom credit card handy. Earn instant reward points on movies, groceries, food, and more with one of the best credit cards with a generous rewards points program. The most exciting benefit of this card is that you can earn up to 3,000 Reward Points on your birthday.
Here are some important things about HDFC Freedom Credit Card:
Key Features of HDFC Freedom Credit Card
- Rs.1,000 gift voucher on annual expenditure of Rs.90,000 and above
- Welcome benefit of 500 reward points only on fee collection
- Earn 25X Reward Points on your birthday spends (up to a maximum of 3,000 Reward Points)
- Get 10X Reward Points on PayZapp and SmartBUY spends
- Earn 5X Reward Points for your spend on Dining, Movies, Grocery, Railway, Taxis (up to a maximum of 1,500 Reward Points per statement cycle)
- Annual Fee: Rs.500
- Renewal fee: Rs 500; Renewal fee is waived on annual expenditure of Rs.50,000 (effective February 2019).
- Contactless Payment Facility: Your card is powered by a contactless payment facility that enables fast, secure and easy retail transactions. You can buy at a merchant location without entering a PIN or physically handing over your card. This is a very convenient option for daily expenses up to Rs.2000. The contactless symbol is written on the back of the card.
- Zero Liability on Loss of Card: You also get the benefit of premium facility of ‘Zero Liability’ in case of loss of card. If you report the loss of the card to the call center within 24 hours, there is no liability for any unknown or fraudulent transactions made through your HDFC Credit Card.
- Interest-free credit: On making purchases with your HDFC credit card, you enjoy an interest-free period of up to 50 days. So make sure you keep your closing balance clear and time your purchases to enjoy maximum interest free period.
Benefits of HDFC Freedom Credit Card
The benefits of HDFC Freedom Credit Card are as follows:
1. Reward Points:
You can earn reward points as per the details given below:
- For credit cards issued on or before 30 September 2021:
- Get 25X Reward Points on Birthday Spending
- Earn 10X Reward Points on PayZapp & SmartBUY spend
- Earn 5X Reward Points on Dining, Cinema, Groceries, Railway & Taxi payments
- Earn 1 Reward Point for spending Rs.150 and above
For credit cards issued on or after October 1, 2021:
- Earn 10X Cashpoints on transactions through Big Basket, BookMyShow, OYO, Swiggy and Uber (maximum 2,500 Cashpoints can be earned in a calendar month)
- Earn 5X Cashpoints on EMI spend at merchant locations (maximum 2,500 cashpoints can be earned in a calendar month)
- Earn 1 Cashpoint for every Rs.150 on other spends (excluding fuel, wallet/prepaid card loads or voucher purchases).
2. Welcome Benefit:
Get 500 reward points/cash points as welcome gift.
3. Renewal Benefit:
Get 500 Reward Points/Cash Points on payment of renewal fee.
Earned Reward Points can be redeemed through catalog purchases or cashback.
5. Annual Fee Waiver:
No need to pay annual fee if the annual expenditure exceeds Rs.50,000 in a year.
6. Gift Vouchers:
Get a gift voucher of Rs.1,000 on reaching an annual expenditure of Rs.90,000.
7. Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
Avail up to Rs.250 off on fuel surcharge per statement cycle. It is applicable for transactions of minimum Rs.400 and maximum of Rs.5,000.
8. Add-on Cards:
Get 3 add-on credit cards for free.
9. Other Benefits:
Some of the other benefits for users whose credit cards are issued on or after 1 October 2021 are as follows:
- Low interest rate of 0.99% on non-EMI spends for first 90 days from the date of card issue (Not applicable on Insta Loan, Insta Jumbo Loan, SmartEMI, EasyEMI, Balance Transfer or Cash Transactions)
- Up to 15% off at 2,000+ premium restaurants in select cities. Click here for more information
Fees and Charges of HDFC Freedom Credit Card in Hindi
The fees and charges associated with this card are as follows:
Following are the details of the fees and charges of HDFC Freedom Credit Card:
|Fee Type||fee details|
|Annual Fee||500 rupees|
|renewal fee||500 rupees|
|interest free period||up to 50 days|
|Rate of interest||3.49% per month|
|additional card fee||free|
|cash advance fee||2.5% of the amount|
|cash processing fee||100 rupees|
|reward redemption fee||Rs.99 per request|
|foreign currency transaction fee||0.035|
|balance transfer fee||1% of the amount or minimum Rs.250|
|reissue fee||100 rupees|
|payment return fee||0.02|
|cash advance limit||40% of credit limit|
|Overlimit charges||2.50% of the limit amount|
|card replacement charges||100 rupees|
|finance charges||3.6% per month | 43.2% per annum|
Late Payment Charges for Statement Balance:
|statement balance||late payment charge|
|less than Rs 100||Zero|
|Rs 100 to Rs 500||100 rupees|
|Rs.501 to Rs.5,000||500 rupees|
|Rs 5,001 to Rs 10,000||600 rupees|
|Rs 10,001 to Rs 25,000||Rs.800 Rs|
|Rupee. Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000||Rs 1,100|
|Above Rs 50,000||Rs 1,300|
Eligibility and Documentation for HDFC Freedom Credit Card
Eligibility and Documentation For HDFC Freedom Credit Card in Hindi
Before applying for this credit card, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria given below:
- Age: 21 Years-60 Years
- Minimum Income Required: Rs 12,000 per month
- Age: 21 Years-65 Years
- Minimum Income Required: ITR > Rs 2 lakh per annum
*Minimum income requirement is different for different HDFC credit cards
How to Apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card
How to Apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card
To apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card, you can either visit the bank’s website or contact the bank officials who will guide you through the process. Once your application is submitted and approved, your credit card will reach the mentioned address within 10-15 working days.
How to Apply for HDFC Credit Card
How to apply for HDFC Bank Credit Card on their official website?
- Visit the official website of HDFC Bank
- Click on Credit Cards
- Click on Apply Now button
- Fill in your personal and income details
- submit application
- An executive will come to collect the required documents
- Bank will verify the details properly before approving the application
HDFC Freedom Card Customer Care Number
Call 24×7 HDFC Credit Card Customer Care Number – 18004254332 to get all your queries or doubts resolved. Be it rewards, fees and charges, application status or bill payments, you can dial the number and get everything done.
FAQs on HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card
FAQ on HDFC Freedom Credit Card Benefits in Hindi
How secure is the HDFC Freedom Card?
HDFC Freedom Card comes with chip card technology which makes it impossible to tamper or copy the card. In addition, the technology makes it easy to do point of sale (POS) transactions with the card. Users only need to hold the card at chip-enabled POS terminals, while they can swipe as usual at non-chip-based terminals.
How to redeem accumulated reward points?
Accumulated Reward Points can be redeemed for both cash and rewards. You can fill up the request form available at the Form Center and send it to the HDFC Chennai address.
Alternatively, requests can also be made through net banking. Cash redeem option is available in the net banking account under Cards -> Enquire -> Redeem Reward Points -> Cash Redemption.
Can I get HDFC Freedom Add-on Card?
Yes, cardholders can apply for a supplementary card along with the Freedom Card. Applicants must be a parent, spouse, child or sibling of the primary cardholder. Children and siblings applying for an add-on credit card must be above 18 years of age.
What are the benefits of HDFC Freedom Credit Card?
Some of the key benefits of HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card are:
Get 5X reward points on your grocery, dining, railway bookings, taxi bookings and movie purchases.
On your birthday, make the most of your card with 25X reward points on your spends.
Get 10X Reward Points for purchases made on PayZapp and SmartBUY.
Get a gift voucher worth Rs.1,000, if you spend more than Rs.90,000 in a year.
The renewal fee is waived if the annual expenditure exceeds Rs.50,000.
Interest free period up to 50 days.
What is the HDFC Freedom Credit Card limit?
HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card limit is given at the discretion of the Bank. HDFC Bank takes several factors into consideration before determining the credit limit. Some factors are the primary applicant’s credit score, credit utilization ratio, as well as the repayment habits of past loans.
Is HDFC Freedom Credit Card free?
No, HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card is not free. It comes with an annual fee of Rs 500. However, if you spend more than Rs 50,000 on your card in a year, the annual fee of Rs 500 is waived off for the next year.
How can I make my HDFC Freedom Card Lifetime Free?
No, HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card is not a lifetime free card. The annual fee of the card is Rs 500 which has to be paid every year. However, if your annual expenditure exceeds Rs 50,000, the annual fee of Rs 500 is waived off and the card is free for that year.